pixelated love
geeky and snuggly
8/04/2006 03:39:00 PM
A Towering Creme-ferno
One thing went my way the other day. Early in our engagement, I saw an episode of A Wedding Story where the wedding cake was a croquembouche (or croquembuche). I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to find a bakery that does that sort of thing, but Zehnder's was kind enough to take on the challenge! We had a meeting the other day to go over the particulars of the cake.

I get to have two croquembouches at my wedding! It's not gonna be enough for everyone though, because they'll be hollow, but there'll be extras in the back. They have to stay in the back anyway so the creme puffs will be properly chilled before they're served.

Everyone gets three creme puffs, vanilla, chocolate and strawberry, and ice cream! I got to try one of each flavor when I was there, and they are delicious. I was so happy when I was eating them, you guys have no idea. I think the best part is the caramelized sugar on the bottom. "Croquembouche" means "crack in mouth" and the sugar disk on the bottom of the creme puff literally cracks in your mouth when you bite into it. At the risk of sounding like an Iron Chef judge, the crack when you bite into it is surprising and exciting! Really! And it's delicious!

I oughta stop. I might talk up the cake too much and I don't want people to be disappointed when they try it, because it really, truly is delicious it's okay.

posted by Princess Blogonoke @ 8/04/2006 03:39:00 PM

2 Comments:

Oooh! I was reading up on these Croquembouche things, and one website says "Traditionally, the croquembouche is served by hitting it hard with a sword, with the bridesmaids catching the pieces in a tablecloth." Please tell me you get to use a sword! ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Aug 09, 12:03:00 PM 2006  

No, no swords. With the way Stink Pants and I are, we might get into a fight, and you know what happens when nerds fight...

...There can be only One.

By Blogger Princess Blogonoke, at Fri Aug 11, 09:39:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

About Us

Princess Blogonoke
I'm Engaged!
Lecheplan Recipe!


*Helpful Wedding Stuff

Gift Registries
Driving Directions!
Hotels and Attractions
Reception Music
Barong Tagalog or not?


Archives

January 2005 March 2005 April 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 October 2005 January 2006 February 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006

nerds need love, too

true love in the digital age