pixelated love
geeky and snuggly
7/04/2006 08:58:00 PM
Fourth of July Wedding Weekend
Stink Pants #5 was here this weekend. Holy crap did we have a ton of stuff to do.

He arrived on Saturday, after flying all night on the red-eye from California. Bleary-eyed and sleepy, we drove back home and had a quick lunch before taking a four-hour nap. Later, we ate dinner and watched "The One-Armed Swordsman" a Shaw Brothers movie. Little did I know that this would be our least busiest day.

We started Sunday out with a marriage prep class with the priest. According to the test we took, Stink Pants and I are pretty compatible. It turns out I'm marrying someone who's a lot like me. Not sure if that's good or bad, but I'll be spending the next 50+ years finding out.

After that, we went to Saginaw and registered for dozens and dozens of things. I'll make a new post with the websites of all the places we registered, and link to it from the main page. Who knew how hard it would be to pick out casual dishware? One thing I felt a little guilty about registering for was the $200 rice cooker. Then again, the rice cooker we have now is my second college rice cooker (the first one mysteriously stopped working) and I think we eat enough rice that the thing will pay for itself in CRC (Crappy Rice Cooker) units in no time.

On Monday, we met with the florist and got our engagement photos taken (yes, more than a year than when we got engaged). For our flowers, we're going with blue and white boquets with blue hydrangeas and white I-haven't-actually-decided-what-flowers-yet (probably roses or lillies). The flower girls are having baskets. I'm going to make them ribbon wands too :) (shhh... they dont know that yet...)

As for the engagement photos, we arrived in Pontiac (where the photographer is) at 7:00 pm for our sunset photos. You may be wondering why the photographer is located in Pontiac. Well, I wanted to have the guy who has been my and my sister's photographer since we were little do my and Stink Pants' wedding photos. The problem is he doesn't do weddings anymore. Booo! He recommended the guy from Pontiac though. As it turns out, this guy is not only a good photographer, he's a good story teller too, and he finds real joy in his work.

I'll post some of the photos here after I get them back. I hope they turn out nice. I had to lay in some clover for some of them, and perch atop some rickety rocks in others.

On Tuesday, after taking Stink Pants back to the airport (wahhh!) I stopped off at Bed, Bath and Beyond and registered for yet more stuff. I met another bride-to-be there and we happily beeped about the store, registering for goodness knows what. I also stopped at Michael's and got some wedding shower invitations.

This weekend was full of wedding planning time. Not much Stink Pants and Laura time :(

Two months to go, man... two months to go and getting shorter by the moment.

posted by Princess Blogonoke @ 7/04/2006 08:58:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

Princess Blogonoke
I'm Engaged!
Lecheplan Recipe!


*Helpful Wedding Stuff

Gift Registries
Driving Directions!
Hotels and Attractions
Reception Music
Barong Tagalog or not?


Archives

January 2005 March 2005 April 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 October 2005 January 2006 February 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006

nerds need love, too

true love in the digital age