pixelated love
geeky and snuggly
1/12/2005 02:48:00 AM
My First Wedding Show
This past Sunday, Mom and I went to a wedding show that's put on by the local bridal shop. It was at the Knights of Columbus Hall, so it's not like it was anything fancy. There were about 12-15 vendors there. A couple of caterers, some DJ's, florists, photographers, a dress store, a wedding chapel promoter and Curves (that weight loss place.) There wasn't anything too interesting. It's too soon to get a DJ (only a couple of them know what J-pop is anyway), we're required to use the in-house caterer for our location, Mom wants to get the flowers from a certain place because she knows the owners, and I know who I want to get as our photographer.

Then they dimmed the lights for the fashion show. I thought most of the dresses were ugly. The bridesmaids' dresses were all biased cut, which I don't really like because it looks lop-sided to me. There were a couple "mother's" dresses. The ones I remember were beige and mauve (boring...). Even the bridal gowns looked like glorified prom dresses. They were all shiny and either silver or "electric white", with biased designs on the front, and no discernable waist that I could tell. They flared out at the bottom all right, but it was like it was one fluid motion from the top of the dress to the bottom. Kind of like a morning glory turned upside-down I guess. Either way, I wasn't too impressed with them.

Except for one. When the model in this gown stepped on stage, there was a hush, then a murmur through the crowd as the brides-to-be and their mothers stared at this dress. It was almost like she was surrounded by a halo. It was a traditional wedding dress, a princess dress, gorgeous, fitted at the top and flared out at the waist. The bottom was edged with lace that just touched the surface of the runway. It was obvious that this was everyone's favorite.

Man, I can't wait to start trying on dresses! I can't start just yet though. If I do, I might end up buying five dresses just because they're pretty and on sale.

posted by Princess Blogonoke @ 1/12/2005 02:48:00 AM

3 Comments:

Shut up ass! I have tons of nice curvies! At least I'm not a bean pole like you. Pthbbbbpp!

By Blogger Princess Blogonoke, at Wed Jan 19, 05:10:00 PM 2005  

When you described that last dress, "and a murmur came over the crowd"... all I could picture was Gwen Perz in the front row--hand raised to mouth--in utter awe, quivering and gasping.."It's SO BEAUTIFUL."

Like she was there!
I am so full of shit.
Oh yes, for real, you and Patlick, and Noona have potential wedding slave duties if you're willing to come to Grand Rapids. That's the catch.

-Sarah

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Jan 31, 09:15:00 PM 2005  

Sure! I'm in!

By Blogger Princess Blogonoke, at Tue Feb 01, 05:12:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

About Us

Princess Blogonoke
I'm Engaged!
Lecheplan Recipe!


*Helpful Wedding Stuff

Gift Registries
Driving Directions!
Hotels and Attractions
Reception Music
Barong Tagalog or not?


Archives

January 2005 March 2005 April 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 October 2005 January 2006 February 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006

nerds need love, too

true love in the digital age